Scenes of Everyday Life and People in 1790 (Source) by Thomas Rowlandson.
1. A soldier assessing new recruits for the army.
2. A woman driving a phaeton.
3. Couple walking.
4. A solder escorting two women.
5. A tea party.
6. An equestrian about to go on a ride.
7. An industrious woman sewing.
8. A well-dressed man peers at a woman through his eye-glass.
9. A musical interlude with two ladies.
10. An outing in the country.
12. Bird watching or gazing at ships along the seashore?
13. Arrival at an inn, or examining his accounts?
14. Street vendors.
Rowlandson’s little drawings are so…spot on, arent they. Not even the ones that are meant to be caricatures, just these things. They really capture the late Georgian spirit.